Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Time time time for the last rewind

Since its beginning in November 2002, Kol Zimrah has had 70 Friday night services (65 in Manhattan, 5 in Brooklyn). I've been to 69 (65 in Manhattan, 4 in Brooklyn). This Friday, August 3, will be #71 for Kol Zimrah and #70 for me. It's also going to be the end of my streak. After this month, New York and I will be going our separate ways for a while.

Kol Zimrah has a great crew of people running it, and I'm confident that it's going to keep on chugging along, but I'm going to have to say goodbye and then hear about any future wacky adventures from across the ocean. I'll be leading services this Friday for one last (and 17th) time. We'll be at the SAJ, 15 W 86th St, starting at 7:00 pm. Services will be followed by a potluck dinner inside, and then an oneg (with dessert and singing) in Central Park at W 86th St at 10:30. If last month's trend is any indication, there's going to be a crowd, so get there early.

I'll miss you, Kol Zimrah!

1 comment: