Thursday, December 29, 2005

Hiatus? I hardly know us!

I've been away from blogging for a while. Between teaching, KZ, NHC, Limmud NY, a visit to the old country, learning Talmud on the proverbial bus, a transit strike, and fighting the war on Christmas, there just hasn't been time. But I'll be back to it soon. I don't know if I'll ever catch up on blogging the Talmud. Summary: Many dapim later, Masechet Megillah is still engaged in midrash on Esther, though we're almost done with the first perek. Masechet Makkot has produced lots of plots for tannaitic murder mysteries, and we're also almost done with the first perek.

Upcoming posts:
  • Chanukah: divine agency vs. human agency
  • New Year's Eve: performative ritual
  • fawning book review of Al Franken's The Truth (with Jokes)
  • nitpicky review of the first few chapters of The Physics of Superheroes

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward! I've missed your posts! Also, do you want to try to learn this Monday? Otherwise, next Sunday it is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't love the Franken book, but I did appreciate the shoutout to Rabbi Joe Black.

    ReplyDelete