Jews United for Justice is proud to partner with the Progressive Jewish Alliance to bring an exciting new social justice training program to DC!
The Jeremiah Fellowship educates and trains a select cohort of young adults (ages 25-35) to become the next generation of Jewish social justice change makers.
- Empower yourself through in-depth training in professional and leadership skills .
- Expand your knowledge of what Jewish text, tradition, and history have to say about putting ethics into action.
- Acquire tangible organizing and activism skills within a Jewish context.
- Explore pressing social, political, and economic issues facing our region.
- Become a member of a lasting community of vibrant and engaged leaders.
- Access a dynamic network of organizers, advocates, rabbis, artists, and renowned scholars.
During the nine-month course, Fellows come together twice monthly to learn different models of putting ethics and values into action, for intimate conversations with leaders in Washington's Jewish and social justice worlds, and for intensive study of Jewish history and texts. Two Fellowship retreats during the year offer in-depth training in professional and leadership skills, study of Jewish tradition and history, and intensive community-building activities. Participants leave the Fellowship with concrete skills in community organizing, activism, and grassroots fundraising, better equipped to pursue their own volunteer work and careers in the social justice field.
We are seeking creative, dynamic, and engaged young Jews who are:
- Already volunteer leaders or have leadership potential
- Passionate about making our community better
- Actively interested in building community
- Committed to using the skills gained through the Fellowship
The Fellowship is committed to the diversity of each cohort, and believes that a breadth of experience adds to the richness of the program. People of all Jewish backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and prior knowledge of Hebrew or Jewish texts is not required.
Applications for the Jeremiah Fellowship will be considered on a rolling basis, with a final deadline of September 8th. Submit your application as soon as possible for the best chance of acceptance. For more information and to download an application, go here.
You can also call the JUFJ office at 202-408-1423 or email jeremiah at jufj dot org.