Thursday, September 01, 2005

I don't roll on Sukkos!

Wow, Lebowski Fest! "A celebration of all things Lebowski", with unlimited bowling, a costume contest, and Corn Mo!

Given the subject matter, it's a bit ironic that the kickoff event with Corn Mo et al. is on a Friday night. "Shomer fucking Shabbos!"

In any case, I probably won't be there even for the Saturday night part, because that weekend is Chol Hamo'ed Sukkot. I have spent exactly one Shabbat/yom tov of Sukkot of my adult life in Manhattan, and I'm glad I did (were it not for a conversation over dinner that night, Kol Zimrah might not exist), but one was plenty. Since then, the goal has been to get as far away from Manhattan as possible, for a final experience of trees and grass before it gets too cold.

So let's hope the timing is better next year. The Dude abides.

No comments:

Post a Comment